Schools Coordinator’s Message
Covid-19 has created many complexities, insecurities and anxieties and we have all been trying to balance and deal with impacts on our lives. At the same time it has given us a genuine opportunity to consolidate and extend our communication strategies and structures with parents and guardians.
The return to face to face learning in schools in term 3 is an exciting time for students and teachers and no doubt a blessed relief for many parents. At the same time it is also a critical time regarding maximizing learning opportunities during and after this transition by creating a safe and supportive learning environment where students are challenged to strive for success.
During the time of Covid-19 restrictions, we ask that parents adhere to the following:
· Do not enter school buildings but instead pick up students from the front door entrance
· Do not send students to school if they are exhibiting any symptoms
· Ensure that all students carry their own water bottles
The teaching staff in turn will endeavour to ensure that the following will occur:
· Regular hand washing and use of sanitisers
· Regular cleaning of school surfaces
· Implementing social distancing
On behalf of the Schools Committee and teaching staff of the Greek Orthodox Community of SA, we would like to thank you for your continued support and patience during these difficult times and we look forward to welcoming students back to the classroom, resuming their learning experience from term 3.