Cathedral Church of Archangels Michael and Gabriel
Commanding the south side of the city this majestic church, is dedicated to the Archangels of Michael and Gabriel, and was built on exactly the same spot where the first humble church was erected in 1937.
This was the first Greek Orthodox church built in Adelaide. It had a vital role in preserving the cultural identity and offering solace to the waves of the newly arrived Greek migrants at the time. In 1967 the new Cathedral, now heritage listed, was constructed to serve the needs of the increased size of the Greek-Australian population. It continues to be the pride and a symbol of our Community and the wider Greek Australian community of South Australia.
Vicar: The Very Rev John Konidaris
Address: 286 Franklin St. Adelaide SA
Office: 8231 6463